Here are list of good pasalubong ideas and things you can buy before going home to the Philippines or things to fill your balikbayan boxes:
1. Chocolate (M&Ms, Hersheys,Godiva, Sees, Snickers, Reeses KitKat)
2. Candies (Jelly Belly, Nerds, )
3. TShirt (Gap, Old Navy, Abercrombie, North face,)
5. Perfume(I like blue editions)
6. Electronics (iPhone, iPad, iWatch, Laptop, etc)
7. Shoes (Nike, Asics, Adidas, Under Armor, )
6. Toys (Disney,from Toys r us )
8. Food (bulk from Costco, Sams,Aldi, Walmart, Target, )
9. Nuts (Pecan, almonds, )
10. Fruit of the Loom and Hanes white shirts and products
11. Bible (nice bounded from Amazon)
12. Mug from Starbucks
17. Microwavable pop corn packs
18. Mac and Cheese boxes
19. Canned goods (Spam,Campbells, any corned beef brand,)
20. Wine in boxes or bottle ( )
21. Pens and Pencil
22. Dollar Bill in $1 $5 $10 bills
23. Trader Joes peanut butter
25. Trail Mix
16. Pistachios from Costco
17. Vitamins from Costco and Sams
18. Bags from Ross dress for less
19. Victorias Secret
20. Soap (Dove, Irish Spring,Head and Shoulders)
21. Make up and Lip stick
22. Stick Deodorants
or just invite your family to dinner at your house.
or treat them in a nice restaurant.
or bring them to a nice beach
or bring them to a nice public swimming pool.
-because its easier for your pocket and you get to taste the best Filipino food with them.
Watch for department store sale like Macy’s dillards Nordstrom when they go on sale – you can buy signature tshirt for less there.
Don’t forget to visit Big Lots, Aldi, Dollar General, Walmart and Dollar Stores and outlet stores too.
and don’t forget to buy things you will need when you reach Philippines, your convenience here abroad is not a convenience there most of the time it’s a luxury there, so better send ahead your needs properly.
and if you are an American and just visiting Philippines and just trying to look for things you want to give to friends/colleague upon arrival in Philippines, my advice is to just get them things that are priced around $50 to $100 range or below, I’m sure the recipient will be happy with that.